Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (ABAC) Policy
The MACC (Amendment) Act 2018 (“MACC Act”) governs the offence of corruption committed by a commercial organization. It provides that a commercial organisation such as AWSB commits an offence if an associated person (include the directors, and employees of AWSB and persons who perform services for and on our behalf) promises gratification to any person with an intent “to obtain or retain business” or “an advantage in the conduct of business for the commercial organisation”. The purpose of the MACC Act is to foster the growth and development of a business environment that is free of corruption and to encourage all commercial organisations to opt for reasonable and proportionate measures to ensure their businesses and business activities do not involve acts of bribery and/or corruption.
- This Policy is applicable to anyone who is employed by or work at AWSB (whether in Malaysia or outside Malaysia and whether permanent, fixed-term or temporary basis), Directors, (executive and non-executive), company secretaries and committee members of AWSB (together, “employees”).
- It is also applicable to contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, agents, representatives, and service providers of any kind performing work or services, for or on behalf of AWSB (together, “Business Associates”).
- The term “AWSB”, “we”, “us” or “our” when used in this Policy shall refer to AWSB Group of Companies.
- Managers and supervisors of all levels have additional responsibilities under the ABAC Policy and are held to a higher standard of compliance. They are required to create and maintain an open environment that is comfortable for employees to ask questions, raise concerns and report misconduct.
- Employees of AWSB must refrain from any acts of bribery which takes the form of offering, promising, giving, demanding or receiving anything of value to anyone in the form of bribes, kickbacks and/or any other improper gratification (including gifts, hospitality and entertainment) to improperly influence the outcome of any transaction, whether it is for their own personal benefit or for the benefit of the AWSB.
- AWSB strictly does not tolerate any bribes given for purposes of obtaining or retaining business for Group or provides an advantage to the businesses of the Group. AWSB does not tolerate any such acts of bribery even in a personal capacity.
- Any employee of AWSB that breaches any of the ABAC Policy may fall within the scope of serious misconduct and may be subjected to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
- The Management is committed to making the anti-bribery and anti-corruption effort as a continuous effort to maintain the reputation and standards.
- Employees are encouraged to raise any concerns or to the HRD or directly to the Directors by email email@example.com